Wednesday 21 October 2015

Comrades: Almost A Love Story Review 1996 Hong Kong



What a marvellous film! Hong Kong drama at it's finest!

2 years ago when I was in Hong Kong I visited Madame Tussauds. I sat on the back of Leon Lai's bike... But I had no idea why haha.


Fast forward to now. I found out that it was from a film but I had a hard time tracking down a copy with English subtitles(that didn't cost a small fortune). But I finally got it!

And what a film it was! I often hear this ranked very high in the best Hong Kong films, and rightfully so. It is brilliant! 

If you enjoy Hong Kong cinema. But the more human drama story telling side. Then watch this one! You will laugh, you will cry, you will feel.

Maggie Cheung gives an outstanding performance, the best of her career by far.
A real truthful, complicated, emotional tale of love and fate.

Plus an outstanding soundtrack featuring songs by Teresa Teng, who is also involved in a Subplot. If you don't know who Teresa is then this film will introduce you. If you already like Teresa Teng then you will love the involvement of the singer in the story.

Everyone needs to see this film! 

I pray it gets the remastered Blu-ray treatment.

9/10

#ComradesAlmostALoveStory #甜蜜蜜 #LeonLai #MaggieCheung #EricTsang #KristyYang

No comments:

Post a Comment